Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Why Homeschool?

Wait, what?! The "#jcrew" is going to homeschool ??!! I thought you taught high school and you loved the school you were teaching at??!!

I do.

And believe me this was not an easy decision. Here's the deal:

I absolutely love our school. I've been teaching there for eight years and many of the students are like family to me. My kids have grown up there and I always imagined them graduating from Legacy Prep. But when you have kids as close in age as ours....it makes it difficult.

The truth is, my precious oldest son, Josh is a year behind in reading... And with two others in school and another entering next year, he was a big factor in our decision.
We spend many of our hours doing projects, worksheets, and just work. It's wearing after a while and I felt like I was neglecting my two younger boys, my family, and most of all, God....

I kept hearing Him say to me "Be available to me."

And I'm not where I'm at. I teach. And I love it. But I need to lay it down for what matters. My relationship with God and my kids.

Being a teacher, I am blessed to have the tools to teach and am excited to be embarking on this journey with my own kids. I don't know how long this journey is going to last, but I am going to soak up every minute with them while I can. To teach them to make a difference in the world....

I know this journey won't come without it's challenges, but I am excited to see where this road takes us. I hope you'll join me on this journey as well!!

"The JCrew"
Joshua (8), Jenna(7), Julianna (6), Jayden (4) and Josiah (2)

No comments:

Post a Comment